Friday, September 18, 2009

My Mission

My mission is to attain equal opportunities for individuals with disabilities. I am well acquainted with the struggles and triumphs that accompany having a “disability”. My main focus is raising awareness the lack of accessible information such as study materials for standardized tests. The Educational testing service claims that they do no need to provide accessable study materals or practice exam. One of my goals is to change the Educational Testing Service's (ETS) current policy regarding accessible materials and to protect the rights of individuals with disabilities. I believe that all students are entitled to a fair opportunity to succeed. I would also like to address the difficulty of getting accommodations, the injustice of discrimination, and the general experience of having a “disability”. Please share your experiences. I will periodically post information and respond to questions/comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment